- The mission of the Massena Alternative Program is to educate students in the best alternative school setting, and to promote volunteer services, civic involvement, and character learning.
- The goal of the Massena Alternative Education Program is to foster value of services, citizenship, responsibility and to provide an alternative school setting to enhance learning.
- Students learn differently and may have different goals.
- Not all students can set goals
- Not all students have the resources necessary to be successful in a “traditional” school setting